Tuesday 29 May 2012

It seems that all I've written just lately has been 'thank you's' to visitors! Promises to keep adding interesting things haven't been kept so I better try a bit harder.  I have had a couple of days of visiting other blogs and Etsy shops and being so, so impressed and rather intimidated by the quality and standard, not only of the things people have made, but by the wonderfully professional way they have been presented.  It has been a joy doing this.  But a lot of frustration arises when I cant immediately find the right way to comment on the blog I'm visiting!  So until I've learned how to achieve that, I will just have to scuttle back to my blog and post about my visits and name names!
Yesterday I spent a long time on http://www.plushpussycat.com/ reading the lovely stories about Jennifer's characters - such great ideas. 
From there Jennifer provided a link to the wonderful world of Vicky at http://lovejoybears.blogspot.co.uk/.  That is a really special site and I'd love to ask Vicky some questions.  As she lives in the U.K. (so do I) - where is the beautiful beach she obviously visits a lot? 
To-day I've been browsing through http://biwubaer.blogspot.co.uk/. Thank you for the translation - I enjoyed all that I saw - I think I managed to leave a comment..?? I also spent ages reading about The Witchtower Crew - great fun. Got inspiration from one of your photos, near the end, of what I could do with all the tiny creatures and people I've been 'rescuing' from charity shop kids  boxes for longer than I care to remember. At last they might find a 'life' out side their carrier bags!!
But here goes - I'm now trying to include the biwubaer giveaway picture.

If it doesn't work, feel free - all you seasoned bloggers - to let me know how I can put links, with picture, into my side bar?  
Another quick question - too much writing for one post.....??  Honest answers please!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annette,
    welcome to blogland - and thank you for your very kind words about my blog. You've done everything right with commenting on my blog - but I'd like to ask you a little favour: Would you please leave a comment under the giveaway post from Monday called "Drei gute Gründe" (= Three good reasons). You don't have to write much, it's only to help me not to forget you when the day of the drawing comes. And about adding pictures and links to your sidebar: Choose "Layout" in your blog's dashboard and you'll find "add gadget" there. A new window will pop up and you have to scroll down just a little bit until the gadget "image". Jenny at Plushpussycat's has a "How to" on her blog - maybe this will be helpful. If there are still any questions, feel free to ask!

    Greetings from Germany
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annette, Thank you for your kind words about my blog! Thank you for following Plushpussycat's antics too and for joining the blog. Here's a link to my article on how to put a giveaway on your blog's sidebar: http://www.plushpussycat.com/2012/01/how-to-add-photo-to-your-blogs-sidebar.html Hope it helps! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete